Thursday, June 23, 2011

That Graduation Feeling

I remember my high school graduation.  I won't tell you the (ahem!) year, but I will tell you that I still remember that amazing feeling of the world opening in front of me -- the feeling that anything was possible .  Having my grad date (who happens to be my husband now!) on my arm...walking down the aisle of our school gym...saying goodbye to all of my friends, some of whom I haven't seen since...graduation was all one fast blur.  I only have bits and pieces of vivid memories.

I thought about my own high school grad a lot while I captured photographs for the Class of 2011.  My goal was to capture extraordinary snapshots of the day for my grad clients -- vividly and truly -- so they could look back at their photographs and remember all the little details and feelings they experienced on this special day.

Five graduates honoured me with requests to capture their photographs this year.

I was so excited to book Shea's grad session.  This young man had planned to buy this suit since ninth grade, and his best friend's suit was part of the plan too.  I enjoyed the creativity of this session -- thanks Shea!

Christianne's graduation was the second time I had the opportunity to visit the "D" family farm for a session of photography.  This is a family I just love working with -- they are casual and fun and they aren't afraid to be silly.  Christianne is just so confident and real -- we had a lot of laughs that afternoon!


I have a few more grads to share, as well as family and children sessions.  But before I share, I have a lot of editing to do.  Thanks for looking, and I'd love to hear what you think!


Amanda

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Absolutely fantastic photos Amanda! Where were you when I graduated?? Oh yeah, you're younger! Hee hee! Simply fabulous my dear as always!

Andrea